Amongst the responsibilities of a field service technician, we expect service, maintenance and upgrades of new and existing industrial automation and packaging equipment. You will also act as a trusted advisor to support customers in the implementation of their manufacturing and corporate objective.
Your focus is to provide customers with a complete understanding of how we can elevate the performance and productivity of their equipment through fully integrated solutions such as audits, maintenance plans, safety plans, part management, upgrade, optimization, retrofits, training recommendations, and much more.
Your future team
Premier Tech Systems and Automation’s core is to develop new high-performing packaging technologies and products that provide best-in-class performance and productivity to manufacturers and users of packaging equipment.
In today’s fast-evolving world, achieving AND maintaining consistent ongoing performance and productivity requires the capacity to quickly adapt to new challenges. We ensure this through our highly qualified team of Field Service Technicians.
We believe that providing customers with high quality innovative equipment is the first step. We then provide the Premier Tech difference through our field service technicians by building operational resilience so that our customers get the most out of their investments.
Your future role and responsibilities
- Promote health and safety to mitigate risks and safety issues
- Manage uptime by proactively identify and address customers’ challenges
- Advise and train customers on the equipment
- Understand and integrate customer operations and management needs into clear actions and recommendations
- Facilitate a harmonious relationship with customers and team members across functions
- Report daily on activity, book travels, and report timesheet and expenses in timely manner
- Provide technical phone support for troubleshooting and supporting colleagues
- Maintain availability for communication with management and customer
- Promote services, parts, retrofits and training recommendations to customers in line with helping them reach their objectives
- Audit equipment and provide recommendations to optimize uptime.
- Test equipment to make sure it meets safety regulations
- Adapt to a changing travel and work schedule — a minimum of 75% travel is expected
- Work up to 12 hours per day, possibly nights and weekends as per customer request
- Mechatronic and electro-mechanic
- Robotics — FANUC or similar preferred
- Controls — VFD, PLCs, HMI, Allen Bradley or similar
- Electrical — high and low voltage
- Proven work experience as a field service technician with electromechanical, pneumatic or hydraulic equipment
- High school diploma — GED required
- Ability to interpret electrical, mechanical, pneumatic schematics
- High safety proficiency
- Consultative selling skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Great communication and training skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to climb a ladder and lift a minimum of 50 lb weight
- Valid US passport and up-to-date state driver’s license
- US citizen to access some customer locations; no criminal convictions to inhibit international travel
- Associate degree with emphasis in mechanical, electrical or automation — an asset
- PLC troubleshooting experience, i.e., the ability to upload and download — an asset
- Service of packaging machinery — an asset
Are these words meaningful to you?
PLCs, automation, customer service
Do your eyes light up when you read about this great opportunity? Apply now, we look forward to receiving your application!