The purpose of this summer project is to perform various environmental monitoring and data collection measures with the goal of caribou habitat enhancement. For this project, we are seeking two summer team members that are enrolled in post-secondary environmental-related programs — environmental science, forestry, geography, biology, etc. Once the summer term is over, the opportunity may turn permanent.
Your future team
At Premier Tech Growers and Consumers, we are known as a North American leader in the production of peat-based growing media. Specifically targeting the professional and commercial horticulture markets, we excel through our coast-to-coast production and distribution network.
Your future role
- Compiling and recording environmental data, such as vegetation surveys and identifying forest stand types
- Performing data analysis, as required
- Maintaining clear and concise records
- Taking care of tree planting and other restoration activities
- Collecting, installing, and sorting trail cameras and data
- Operating and maintaining water quality testing instruments and manually sampling water
- Assisting with gathering physical water samples
- Working inter-provincially and collaborating with other industries
- Working in remote and isolated areas — therefore a valid class 5 drivers’ licence is needed
Is this role for you?
- Ability to work with various team members and maintain a positive attitude
- Willing to learn on the job
- Plant identification knowledge — an asset
- Familiarity with the Saskatchewan ecosite classifications — an asset
- GPS, orienteering and QGIS/ArcMap knowledge — an asset
- Ability to operate ATV’s and UTV’s — preferred
- Familiarity with trucks, trailers, and driving resource roads — an asset
- Physically fit
- Prepared to work in all field conditions — heat, rain, bugs, wind and dust
- Ability to adapt to a change of plans and priorities
Do your eyes light up when you read about this great opportunity? Apply now, we look forward to meeting you!