To support our team with various projects, we are currently looking for a project engineer to develop designs, 3D models, and project plan sets that are required for the construction of agricultural processing projects. The project engineer will also, with guidance from the project manager, perform estimating functions, develop budgets, interact with project team personnel, schedule, write contracts and subcontracts and perform other duties as assigned.
Your future team
At Premier Tech Systems and Automation, we enhance our clients’ manufacturing facility efficiency by integrating innovative and high-value systems leveraging the full potential of robotics. We are among the largest conditioning, handling, and packaging automated equipment suppliers in the world — whether for nutrition, agriculture, organics or industrial products.
Your future role
- Prepare and update drawings for all types of agricultural processing projects — with the support of the Sales and Project Management teams
- Maintain the project design schedules, equipment and horsepower lists, material specifications and bid documents
- Track material deliveries
- Ensure quality control by visiting job sites and interfacing with onsite personnel to review that proper construction methods and materials are utilized.
- Follow up on design details and record any changes that might have occurred
- Identify the best solutions accordingly to the client’s needs
- Work on quotations and cost estimates with the project manager and suppliers
- Prepare and present bids and development plans accordingly to deadlines and technical elements
- Provide ongoing assistance to on-site construction personnel to interpret drawings and make changes as required by site conditions
- Bachelor’s degree in agricultural mechanical, or construction engineering or bachelor’s degree in industrial technologies — or an associated degree in the drafting field with work experience in the construction or seed industries
- Seed science secondary majors — an asset
- Great knowledge of 3D modelling software such as Autodesk Revit or Solidworks
- Hands on experience in agriculture fields
- Team spirit with a drive to create and propose out-of-the box solutions
- Fundamentally curious
- Ability to build relationships
- Positive attitude
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new skills — as required
- You can deal with international customers in a fast-paced office environment with multiple areas of responsibility
If you are ready to take on this challenge, please bring your drive, ambition and talent, and let’s partner together!