We are currently seeking a team member for a plant equipment operator position in our Premier Tech Growers and Consumers plant located in Mattaponi. This horticulture facility processes growing media for our customers who in turn feed, protect and improve our world.
This team member will be trained as a form, fill and seal bagging line operator.
Your future role
- Operate the machine as efficiently and continuously as possible
- Perform plastic changes during and between production runs
- Maintain and troubleshoot the equipment as necessary — report necessary maintenance as required
- Monitor and reporting weights, date codes and package appearance
- Complete required paperwork
- Follow required safety procedures
- Work day shifts, Monday to Friday — 40 hours per week with occasional overtime opportunities
Initially, the position will be as an assistant and back up and the line will not be operable all day, every day. During those times, the team member should expect to work within other areas of the facility. Those duties may include working at heights and in various weather-related conditions. Examples include, but are not limited to peat preparation, assisting in the mini bulk bagging operation or working in the mix preparation area.
- Team spirit
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to bend, squat and lift a maximum of 50 lb
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to operate material handling equipment
- Great multitasker
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
Premier Tech Growers and Consumers offers a competitive hourly rate and benefits including health, dental and vision available day one as well as a 401(k) with company matching. Personal protective equipment provided, including work shirts, sweatshirts, jackets and annual purchase of safety boots. We also offer several team member appreciation events throughout the year.
Do your eyes light up when you read about this great opportunity? Apply now, we look forward to meeting you!