We are seeking to expand our team by adding a plant labourer at our peat production facility in Olds, Alberta. As a plant labourer — industrial cleaner for Premier Tech Growers and Consumers, you will be part of a team that ensures the facility and machinery are cleaned, maintained, and at their peak operating ability — while working safely and efficiently. This position offers variety, training, physical activity and the opportunity to operate both mobile and production equipment, while growing your career with a company that is almost 100 years old.
If you want to be part of this exciting and evolving opportunity in an essential services industry, please keep reading!
Being a plant labourer with Premier Tech means that you will…
- Ensure the health and safety practices and processes are upheld, and the premises, team members and operations are safe.
- Work in a plant setting while operating peat manufacturing technology.
- Perform tasks that are physical and manual, and on occasion may involve working at heights.
- Be responsible for maintaining the facility’s level of cleanliness, sanitization, and organization.
- Operate equipment such as forklifts or loaders, as required.
- Make the necessary adjustments during the manufacturing process to ensure the product is within specification and meets quality standards.
- Communicate and collaborate with management and fellow team members.
Is this role for you?
- You work well in a production environment, within a team setting. You have effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- You are looking for a physical role, which offers the ability to operate material handling equipment.
- You are available to work a variety of shifts with occasional weekend work.
- You are a true team player, who places a high value on safety.
- You like working both indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions.
- You can work independently and multitask within a fast-paced environment.
Premier Tech Growers and Consumers is a North American leader in the production of peat-based growing media. Active on the professional and commercial horticulture markets, we leverage our coast-to-coast production and distribution network to provide superior quality growing mixes for our customers who in turn feed, protect and improve our world.
Being a Premier Tech team member means playing with a global and diverse team. We celebrate team wins, big and small, by valuing the role that everyone has played in it.
Ready for the Premier Tech adventure? Bring your drive, ambition and talent and let’s partner together!